Git synchronization works only with files in private storage of Zettel Notes (due to storage access framework restrictions).
To setup git repository, select
Setup GIT while setting up new repository
You will have to set following parameters
- Repository Url
- Url of the remote repository
- Could be
- Checkout Branch
- The git branch which contains your note files (should exist on remote server).
- If no checkout branch is set then the default remote origin branch is choosen.
- Commit profile
- Enter name and email of committer
- Commit message
- You can modify the commit message. It can contain date format variable (same as in templates).
- Used for login
- Password or Token
- Enter password or your personal access token
- Key authentication
- Tick if using
sshurl and private keys
- You can select
private keyfrom Keys Manager or enter your own key in
- If your private key uses password, then enter it also.
For Github you will need to use personal access token instead of password.
Video showcasing GIT repository setup
To reset git repository, select
Reset Repository option in title bar in git settings.