- AES-256 Encryption key generation takes two inputs
- User provided Password
- SALT (unique for each installation)
- Decryption can only be done by zettel notes app on user device. If you uninstall zettel notes app ( which clears SALT ) or forget password, notes can’t be decrypted.
- Only asymmetric password hash is stored, which is compared with the user entered password on app start. Plain password is not stored in zettel notes.
- PGP Key encryption is provided via intergration with Openkeychain app.